Impact at Disney World

At the end of every internship, PwC hosts the Impact Conference at Walt Disney World in Florida where every intern in the United States goes. I got to the resort on Monday afternoon, and after I registered I quickly put my bags in my room and got on a bus to the opening ceremony. On the bus I sat with someone from Ohio State who I haven't talked to since the first week of my internship. So it was nice to catch up with her. At the opening ceremony I met up with some friends from Ohio State who were in different offices and learned about their internship. I also met up with some friends I made that summer in New York. There were a lot of fun activities to do such as a ball pit, see saw, and photo booth. There was also a Bebe Rexha concert at the end of the evening. It was a really fun event that was a great kick-off to the event. After the concert, everyone hung out at the resort. I went swimming in the pool where I saw a lot of people from Ohio State and other interns from the New York office. Overall, the first day was a lot of fun.

The second day was mostly going to different sessions. I went to a couple hosted by Disney talking about their experience opening up Disneyland Shanghai, and one about storytelling. I also went to sessions about stress and how to manage it, how to brainstorm, and an escape room. After all of the sessions we got to pick a Disney park to visit. I decided to go to magic kingdom with some of my intern friends and their friends. We stood in line for space mountain for 2.5 hours, not realizing the wait would be that long. After that ride we ran across the park to quickly ride pirates of the Caribbean, splash mountain, and big thunder road mountain. We saw the fireworks as we were walking between the rides. Luckily the lines were super short since everyone was watching the fireworks. After the rides closed we spent the rest of the night on Main Street in the shops. Overall it was a really fun time and I met some new friends.

On the third day we had a couple more session then the final closing session. The closing session focused on the community impact we made during the past couple days. They also brought in Choir Choir Choir. They had all 3,300 people in the audience sing Don’t Stop Believing. It was a good end to the week. After the closing ceremony we ate lunch then I headed to the airport to head home. Overall, my time spent in Disney was a lot of fun. I hung out with some of the friends I made during the summer but also connected with new people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

PwC Celebration Dinner