PwC Celebration Dinner

Last night was PwC's annual celebration dinner for everyone with an internship or full time offer to come together and network with each other and other PwC staff from the Columbus office. The food was really good, but the conversation was the best part. I was at a table with Brian Underwood, the head of the MAcc program at Ohio State, a senior associate from PwC and three students. The woman from PwC was in PCS, which is their Private Company Services. This branch of assurance is different from Core Assurance because they only work on private companies, where Core Assurance works on publicly traded SEC companies. In PCS, she works in a lot of different industries and many mergers & acquisitions from private equity firms. She travels a lot in the midwest since these clients are from all over.

This conversation got me thinking about what line of service I want to be in. I chose to start in Financial Services, which are banks and other financial institutions. These are the same clients I worked on at Crowe and I enjoyed the work, so I figured this would be a good place to start. However, I don't know if I will want to stay in FS forever. I like to experience and learn new things so transitioning into another industry is something I'd be interested in. I like how PCS works on a lot of different kinds of clients, but I don't know how much I would want to travel.

Being in New York City, I can assume that most of my clients would be in the area, so hopefully I won't have to travel too far to get to my clients. I've always liked traveling, but being in New York City is my traveling. A student at my table was interested in working for PwC abroad, and although I've thought about it, I don't want to be away from New York for too long. If I was in the Columbus office, I wouldn't mind leaving for a couple years to live abroad. However, being in New York is my big travel experience. I am living somewhere I've never lived before and I don't want to miss out on everything happening there. For right now, I'm happy just staying in New York for a couple of years, and after that who knows.

It was nice to talk to this group of people about traveling and PCS. Every time I go to a networking event I learn something new about PwC and think about my future there. This is why I'm excited to work in New York and be around so many people from different industries and backgrounds. Talking to people helps me figure out what I want to do, or at least gives me ideas of all the possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Impact at Disney World