Training

I just finished my second day of training and I am feeling very tired. It is going to be hard getting used to 40-hour work weeks. The first day was an overview of the firm, expectations during the internship, and answering general questions. The second day is specific to assurance where we were able to learn about programs that we will use. We learned about Aura, which is the site that holds each client's database where we do our audit testing. We will be using this program every day so it is nice that we got early exposure to it. We also went through a lot of other PwC sites and programs including some of their benefits. It is hard to keep track of because there are so many sites, but with time it will be easier to navigate.

Being in the city is getting easier every day. It has taken me a while to get used to the subway and I'm still learning which entrances and exits to use, but by the end of the week I should be a pro. The streets and parks are packed and I'm still amazed at the risks some people take crossing the street. I don't know if I could ever be so daring. I went to Shake Shack last night with some friends from college. It was nice to catch up on how their last month was and how their internship is going. It will be interesting to compare my internship experiences with theirs.

Right now I'm still overwhelmed with information and the craziness of the city. But I know I will get used to it. In a month I will feel at home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7

Welcome!

Impact at Disney World