Week Three

Week three started with a pretty frustrating day. On Monday many people on my team were either in training or on vacation so I sat with my Associate Buddy all day. She didn't have any work for me and neither did my Career Coach. So, I spent the day researching my company, reading PwC articles, and going through all of PwC's resources and websites. But by the afternoon there was nothing more I could think of to be productive so I got pretty bored. I don't think my team has any specific plan for me. I don't really know who is supposed to be assigning me work so I've just been asking those around me if they have anything for me. The more experienced staff have been busy with an internal project that has taken up most of their time and focus so I'm hoping once that is done they will be able to give me more direction. In the early stages of the internship people are just giving me work that is easy enough where they don't have to watch over me or answer a large number of questions. This is fine for the first week, but I want to start doing meaningful work. I feel like I am currently not being utilized for my full potential.

The rest of the week was better. I was working on trainings and completed my Digital Acumen badge. Also, people gave me some work to do for most of the day so I was only bored for a couple of hours. I'm learning a lot about controls testing, which is something that I didn't do during my other internship so it's nice learning something new. I've been told that I will be sitting in on walkthroughs, which are meetings with the client to discuss their processes so we know what controls and processes to test. Things are still pretty slow since half my team is on vacation. I am supposed to submit a snapshot soon which is an evaluation of my work completed by one person on the team. However, I feel like I haven't done enough to get evaluated. Part of the evaluation is on relationships within the team and I feel like it's been hard for me to make good relationships because a lot of people are out on vacation, and those who are in the office sit on their own, and so I sit on my own most days.

Although it hasn't been the most ideal experience, I'm doing everything I can in terms of asking for work and finding things to do on my own. Once we go to the client site after the 4th of July break, I'm hopeful that I will have more meaningful work and start building relationships with those on my team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7

Welcome!

Impact at Disney World