Week Two

Week two was a mix of training and being with my engagement team. I went to a training about digital upskilling where I learned how to use some data visualization programs that PwC uses often. I really like PwC's focus on digital upskilling and giving resources to its employees to learn about how to advance their technological skills. I've always been interested in analyzing and visualizing data and  now I can use that in my job.

My first days with my engagement team went well. There are about twelve of us on the team so it's easy to get to know everyone and remember their names. They gave me a couple of small projects that I could work on throughout the day with no supervision. The tasks were basic and self explanatory but they kept me busy so I didn't mind doing them. The team reserved a meeting room where we all sat during the day so I got to get a better idea of the team dynamics and occasional conflicts that arise. It was my first look at what working at PwC would really be like compared to what I've heard in the past through recruitment. I had a brief meeting with my Career Coach who gave me some tips for the CPA and talked about his role and his career path so far.

I also attended a team dinner saying goodbye to a team member who was leaving to go back to Shanghai. It was at a fancy Chinese restaurant that served duck. It was my first time eating duck and I actually enjoyed it. It was nice seeing the team outside of the office. Everyone got along well and there was a lot of reminiscing and laughter. I met some people on the team I haven't yet including briefly being introduced to the partner on the team. It was a fun night that made me excited to be on this engagement team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7

Welcome!

Impact at Disney World