Promotion Day and Weekend #3

On Friday, June 21 PwC celebrated Promotion Day firm-wide. It is a celebration of everyone who is getting promoted. I went last year as an Elevate Participant but this year I felt more apart of the celebrations. The day started in Madison Square Garden with a big presentation about how far PwC has come this year, including lots of prizes, the PwC band, and Kenan Thompson! Before heading to MSG, I met other Insurance interns at Starbucks and chatted with them before heading to the event together. I stuck around with this group for the rest of the day's activities. After MSG, there was a huge block party with free food and drinks, and then after was a smaller party just for the Insurance practice on a rooftop garden bar. It was fun to talk to interns in my practice that I haven't met before. No one from my team ended up coming, but I still had fun just hanging out with the interns.

That night, my best friend from high school flew in for the weekend, and we had a very jam-packed two days. On Saturday, we walked around the Upper East Side then around Central Park. We walked down to 42nd Street for lunch where I showed her the PwC office and Bryant Park. Then we walked through Times Square to Hudson Yards and walked along the High Line. Finally, we walked to the Flatiron building then back to my dorm. After a short break, we, along with my roommate Michelle, went to a taco restaurant and a couple of bars. We walked 11 miles all over Upper Manhattan and Midtown.

On Sunday we started off in SOHO and walked through Chinatown and Little Italy on the way down to the 9/11 Memorial. After walking around for a while, we walked through FiDi to Battery Park where we took a break and watched dogs and kids play in the fountain. Then we took the ferry over to Governors Island. It was so hot and there is not much shade on the island so we only stayed for about an hour before we took the ferry back. After getting back to Manhattan, we walked north along Water St to the Brooklyn Bridge. We walked across the bridge, stopping often for pictures, then through DUMBO to take more pictures of the Manhattan Bridge and the Manhattan Skyline from Brooklyn. Once we were finished with Brooklyn, we took the subway to Rockefeller and had dinner near there. At this point we were both very exhausted from the day and so we did little walking after dinner. At 7:00 we made our way to the Top of the Rock for a sunset view of Manhattan. There were so many people trying to take pictures of the sunset but we ended up getting a few good pictures. The best part was staying until the sky was black and seeing all of the lights. The Empire State Building was lit up with rainbow colors, as were many other buildings in Midtown. It was a nice way to end the weekend, looking at all of the places we went. We ended up walking a total of 25 miles in two days and it took me a couple of days to recover from that. The weekend was so much fun and I'm glad I got to show my best friend around the city. Every day I get more and more comfortable in the city and it is starting to feel like home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7

Welcome!

Impact at Disney World