Week 6

Coming back from the Fourth of July break was still a bit slow. A couple of people were back from their vacations, but there were still a good amount out of office. Things started to slowly pick up at work. I was assigned more workpapers and had some event on my calendar to look forward to.

Wednesday was a pretty busy day. It started off with a partner/intern roundtable. All of the insurance interns sat around 6 tables while 6 partners went around to each table and had a conversations with us. The partners talked about diversity and inclusion, committees to join, advice for standing out during the internship, transitioning to full time, and the insurance market. I learned about the partners and got a clearer idea of things to expect during full time.

That afternoon was the insurance market practice meeting. It was two and a half hours of leaders in the insurance practice talking about the previous year and what we learned and advice and tips for the upcoming fiscal year. It was cool to see what is important and on people's minds in the insurance market.

Later that day, I had a meeting with my Career Coach over my performance so far. He told me that I was doing well and caught on easily to the work I was being assigned. It felt good to hear that I was doing well and that the team enjoyed having me work with them.

On Thursday, I went to the client site for the first time. Only a few people on my team were in the room but it was still cool to see the office. The room we are in has a nice view of One World Trade and the lunch lounge has a great view of the Brooklyn Bridge and East River. For lunch, the four of us in the office went to Potbelly and ate it on the water. The great thing about my team is that everyone gets along. Upper management often has lunch and chats with the associates and our partner often comes into our room for a chat.

In the afternoon my Career Coach gave me a task to automate the confirmation process. Instead of manually inputting the customer information for each confirmation, he wanted me to create a bot that automatically populated a template given an input file. I did a lot of research on the program that PwC uses and got a couple ideas of how to accomplish it.

On Friday, I was back at the PwC office but spent most of the day working on the automation. I got pretty far and was able to figure out the majority of it. I just had to figure out how to fix some formatting issues, so I made a list of questions to ask the digital accelerator, PwC's internal tech team that helps with automations and bots. I even walked through the automation with the Director and had a constructive conversation about it and what needs to happen next.

Overall, this week made me feel like things are finally starting to pick up. I really enjoyed doing the automation and am looking forward to learning more about the automation programs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Impact at Disney World

PwC Celebration Dinner