Week 8

This week was mostly spent at the office. I had a couple big tasks throughout the week that took me a big part of the day to complete. Also, this week was a big focus on digitizing and automating some of our processes.

On Monday I went to the client with a Senior Associate to work on Meeting Minutes. This client doesn't send us a copy of their meeting minutes so we had to go in person to type out the minutes for almost 30 meetings in Q2. We were typing for an hour straight and by the end of it my hands were killing me. Since I didn't know what information was important and what wasn't I ended up typing everything up from the minutes.

On Tuesday our team had a quick brainstorming session to discuss what automations and bots we can create. Everyone was assigned a couple to start working on and to compile questions for the digital accelerators. I continued to work on automation I was working on and was able to answer some of the questions I had early just by googling for help.

On Thursday, two Digital Accelerators came in to help the team on automations they've been working on. One of the DA's was helping me on my automation for a couple of hours. I really like this session because I understood everything about the program and it was the two of us brainstorming together for the best way to do accomplish what we needed.

The session with the DA's really got me thinking about my future at the firm. I really like PwC as a company and want to stay here as long as possible, but I don't love auditing. It's not something I'm passionate about and I don't want to be working the long hours during busy season every year. So, as of now my plan is to start full time on the team I am currently interning on and work on the audit for a couple of busy seasons. Then, after a couple of years apply to be a digital accelerator. It's a position that is a lot more flexible and I will be learning something useful every day. It's a position that I can be passionate about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Impact at Disney World

PwC Celebration Dinner