Week 9

This entire week we were at the client. I like being at the client because everyone is in the same room and most people all get lunch together. This week people were being very funny and were telling funny stories about coworkers and the people at the client. On Monday afternoon we had a team meeting led by our partner going over the results of a firm-wide survey. The survey asked several questions about PwC and how people feel about the company, about their job, and about their superiors. My team mostly focused the conversation on sticking to a flex plan during busy season and initiating an in-the-moment feedback system. It was interesting to hear the results of the survey because the results were lower than last year. It gives me a better idea of what the job is really like and now I know what to expect. After the meeting we went to our first team happy hour at a place near the Brooklyn Bridge. We got to sit outside and ordered four pizzas to split, including an alligator pizza which actually wasn't too bad. It was fun to hang out with the team outside of work hours.

On Tuesday I had my final snapshot discussion with one of my Senior Associates. She told me that everyone really enjoyed having me on the team and that I was doing a great job. I improved in all of the five categories we are rated on and she gave me a performance distinguisher, which is something that I did that stood out. She gave me one for the work I did on my automation. It felt good to hear that I was doing such a great job. I also talked to her about how much I liked the internship and that it gave me a better idea of all the opportunities the firm has once I start full time.

The rest of the week I was pretty busy with tasks to do. On Friday I had a call with my engagement partner since she was leaving for sabbatical and wouldn't be available my last week. It was a quick chat about what I liked about the internship and what I've learned. She said the team all said good things about me and that they felt I was a part of their team rather than just the intern. I really liked having her as the partner and getting to know her. I didn't think partners were that involved in the day-to-day work that gets done, but she was often at the client site with us and would always pop into our meeting room for a quick chat. She's very friendly and cares about the people on her team and I was lucky I got to get to know her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Impact at Disney World

PwC Celebration Dinner